Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake (from FFV)

I recently tried to make two kinds of cake.

I tried FatFreeVegan's recipe for a Chocolate -Orange cake. After making the cake twice, I have some comments:
-Making the cake with store-bought orange juice gives the cake a more subtle orange flavor, while using freshly-squeezed orange juice brings it out more. I personally prefer the second one.
-The cake should probably be baked for closer to 40 minutes.
-The glaze is best put on when the cake is warm, but it trickles down the sides. I guess that's a good thing, but I felt that a lot of the glaze was going to waste.
-End result: people did eat it, although I got a lot of funny looks when I told them I was making a vegan cake. Next time: feed them first, tell them later. My lactose-intolerant friend loves it, however, so this cake is definitely not going to waste.

No comments: